Tuesday, February 16, 2010

small


Small spaces fill me with intrigue. When a box (real or imaginary) catches a space inside of it, I feel myself pushing the possibilities of the area.[1] I strain to find something that fits physically, but that tells an intricate gangle of a story that touches far from itself.
These are the positive wonders, the wonders of when the sun shines. At night (real or imaginary) parasitic monsters leak into these boxes however hard I try to keep them out. They move with frightening speed and accuracy and aren’t content to merely touch far from themselves. Their touch is infections. Their touch is teeth.
Here are some found monsters. Thankfully, I met them in the heat of the day when their stories where warm and only mildly insolent.
I tremble at the thought of the terrible teeth they must grow every evening.
Kate poured this one into her mouth where it left her with a soulful glow of caffeine.
Harmless enough, but don’t pick those flowers. This monster’s heavy face can break your heart and your hand just as quickly.
Mailpeople have the most difficult time getting junk mail to stick in this retching wall guardian.


[1] This is when Wall-Tape Monsters and Sewn Leaf Palettes come into existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment