Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wilting Wails



The delicately scented trees towering above--
“Have one on me” dripping into my thirsty ears--
My Costco brand sneakers burning up the fitness park trail--
ceased to be important at the sounding of a small incessant wail that left me shaking.
I searched for the epicenter of this low-coming noise. Its found face paralyzed me with a tripping combination of fear and empathy. Here was a once massive beast imprisoned in the thin shell of a leaf. Whatever mage turned this fearsome hulk into something a few inches long left it with the chilling power of wailing.
It sounded like a warning.
I ran away.

2 comments:

  1. It's good you ran away. otherwise you'd have been trapped like those little unfortunate shrimpy souls in bottles in Ursula's sea cave. and that's just no good for anyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, ew those shrimpy things are disgusting. And only good for potions, I think.

    ReplyDelete